30 things to do at Halloween before you're 3
Stuck for fun simple ideas to do with your wee one? We’ve created a list for you to download. We’ll even have a different list each month. From building a secret den to pretending to be a super hero you and your wee one will have loads of ideas for things to do together.
Help Mum or Dad make Pizza mummies
- Help mum or dad carve/draw a face on a pumpkin or turnip
- Get messy and make some spooky green gloop
- Give mum or dad a scare and shout boo!
Dance around the room with Mum and Dad
- Make a scary skeleton snack!
- Dook for apples (or grapes for little ones) with help from mum and dad
- Get busy in the kitchen – help mum and dad make some spooky pasta
- Transform yourself into a Halloween cat – ask mum or dad to use make up or face paint to draw whiskers and a nose on your face
- Make your own witches brew!
- Visit the library and read a scary story
Listen to spooky songs together
Read some spooky books with Dad
- Help mum and dad make some yummy boo-nanas
Have a Halloween dance party
- Go for an autumn walk and collect leaves to make leafy ghosts
Play the pass the movement dance game
Use a ‘witches broomstick’ to play limbo
- Play sleepy monsters – dance like a monster but pretend to sleep when the music stops
- Do the actions to Incy Wincy Spider
- Make shadow shapes with a light or torch
- Make a handprint spider and footprint ghost
- Get busy and make a scary mask
- Play stick the nose on the pumpkin or turnip
- Make a witch or wizard hat
- Make and play spooky skittles
- Use cotton wool to make spider’s webs
- Make mini pumpkins by drawing faces on satsumas
- Wrap yourself in toilet roll to become a scary mummy