- Do join in and have fun: A community isn’t a community if people don’t chat, share and get involved. Play, Talk, Read is a great place to meet new people, share ideas, get advice, admire and enjoy each others’ photos.
- Be nice: We are, after all, a community. Please use the forums for healthy discussion, to share ideas and to exchange opinions. But be polite and respectful when you do so. Don’t insult, harass, or threaten others, or behave in any way that would cause distress. Venting your frustrations and ranting isn’t appropriate.
- Only upload content that is yours: This means don't steal content, photos or videos that belong to other people or that you’ve gathered from around the internet or magazines and pass them off as your own.
- Do link back to Play, Talk, Read from other sites: The site makes it possible to share content from and to outside web sites such as Facebook and Flickr.
- Be safe: You are responsible for the safety of yourself, your child and your personal information. We recommend that you do not disclose personal information online. If you plan to meet other members in person, please inform someone you trust of your plans, meet in a public place or get a friend to accompany you.
- Don’t upload content that is illegal or offensive: Be responsible about the content you upload. You need to ensure that what you upload is appropriate, legal, relevant and inoffensive. Use common sense and remember this is a family site.
- Don’t use the site for commercial purposes: Play, Talk, Read is for personal use only. Our site and forums are not to be used as a channel for marketing or selling to others and messages from businesses or organisations are not permitted.
Uploading Images to Play, Talk, Read
All members need to be aware that when they submit an image to a public area of Play, Talk, Read and it is accepted for publishing it becomes publicly viewable.